Living as you please

Your own flat, a shared apartment or student accommodation? It’s your decision. The Student Union maintains five residential blocks, mainly comprising single occupancy apartments. The rental rate includes incidental charges, so there is nothing extra to pay. Since apartments are allocated by means of a waiting list, it is advisable to register online as early as possible.

Before leaving home, you can also browse offers from private landlords in Trier and the surrounding area online.

When you move to Trier, you are required to register with the local Citizens Registration Office (Bürgeramt). Before arriving you can find out more at, which offers tips for students on making your move as stress-free as possible.